I’m Stacey Pinkney: owner / photographer / mastermind behind it all. I started my dream, Simple Moments Photography, in early 2002 after returning from the wedding capital of the world: Las Vegas, NV. Having lived and worked there in the fashion, commercial, and wedding photography industries for 3 years, I decided it was time to go out on my own and did so as soon as my husband and I moved back to our roots in Texas. Since that very day Iâ€™ve been a full-time wedding and portrait photographer, now based in Grapevine.
And I have the coolest job everâ€¦
The stats you SHOULD care about:
- I actually do have a degree in photography and with that over 14 years of experience in the field.
- March 2012 marks a huge anniversary for me: 10 years in business!
- Iâ€™ve been recognized for my work by The Wedding Photojournalists Association.
- Iâ€™ve been awarded for my business service by Wedding Wire.
- Iâ€™ve been published in Texas Wedding Guide, Style Me Pretty, Brides of North Texas, and the coffee table book Spectacular Weddings of Texas.
- Iâ€™ve served as the President of the Professional Wedding Guild (PWG) of Fort Worth from 2010-2012.
- Nearly 75% of my business comes from past client and industry referrals.
What do all these stats mean? In short, it means I’m a veteran;Â I’ve got some serious experience under my belt, there’s nothing I haven’t seen, and no situation that will throw me off. It also means I’m recognized, road-tested, and raved about. I give up my weekends willingly because I truly love this job and the people I get to work with!
Basically, it means you’re in good hands. And if you want to hear it from someone other than me, be sure to check out those Wedding Wire reviews on the left.
The facts you REALLY care about:
- Iâ€™ve been married to my best friend for 12 years and we have one â€˜kidâ€™: a furry Brittany named Bailey whom we rescued from a local organization. Yay! Go dog rescue groups!!
- Laughter is my favorite past time and Iâ€™m known to regularly laugh until I cry. Stick around long enough, itâ€™s bound to happen.
- I love the ocean and one day Iâ€™ll own a home close enough to smell it from my front porch. For now, I make regular pilgrimages to wet my fin.
- I adore antique shopping; no vacation is complete without it. Iâ€™d have to say Mid-Century Modern is my favorite. Go ahead, ask me about my collection or my original 1958 kitchen cabinets.
But the most important fact about meâ€¦
There is a moment at almost every wedding that makes me cry. Sometimes itâ€™s the way your Dad looks at you right before he walks you down the aisle. Or perhaps itâ€™s the way your first dance causes the world to drop away as you get lost in each other. Other times itâ€™s a glance from a mother, a toast from a brother, or a hand hold from an elderly grandfather.
Whatever it is Iâ€™m always watchingâ€¦ always waitingâ€¦ because itâ€™s these moments that define a wedding and these moments that define my work.